Wellness matters. People who are in excellent health are almost twice as likely to be happier than people in good health. But people in poor health are 70 percent less likely to be happy. Yikes. And, a sense of well-being is linked to greater longevity and less risk of disease.
I started Walk—Write—WIN! because I am committed to supporting people in transforming their lives for the better right now. As a long-time walker and writer, I know of no better tools for wellness.
I cannot imagine my wellness journey without these tools. Walking and writing have supported me in achieving my goals as well as helping me overcome difficulties. Because of walking and writing, I've been able to write ten books while parenting and working. These tools have also helped me overcome anxiety and manage my asthma.
The Walk—Write—WIN! is based on scientific research. Both walking and writing contribute to health, happiness, and longevity.
According to the research, exercise has great health benefits.
- reduces cancer risk
- improves cognitive function
- improves quality of life
- prevents depression
- improves mood in people who are depressed
Writing has great health benefits, too. In a study conducted with asthma patients at the State University of New York, Stony Brook, School of Medicine, study participants wrote about their most stressful experiences. The control group wrote about their daily activities. “Starting at two weeks, 47 percent of the patients who were treated showed clinically relevant changes in lung function, as compared with changes of 24 percent in the control group.” (Shafer and Greenfield, Asthma Free in 21 Days, p. 139) Notice this: both groups—whether writing about trauma or daily life—experienced changes in lung function that could not be explained by medication.
In other studies, writing has been shown to:
- improve memory and sleep
- boost immune cell activity and reduce viral load in AIDS patients
- speed healing after surgery
- improve mental and physical health of patients undergoing cancer treatment
- increase general feelings of well being
Are you ready to transform your life?
You can start right now.
Here's how to win big RIGHT NOW with Walk—Write—WIN!
This program will help you:
- Identify your wellness goal
- State your goal in a way that works for you
- Develop a walking and writing schedule that works with your internal rhythms.
- Learn how to stick to that schedule
- Discover and use journaling exercises that will support you in becoming well and transforming your life.
- And much much more.
You might be asking, "How do I start?"
First, take advantage of these free resources:
- Walking and writing tips on the blog!
- Inspirational playlists!
- Weekly writing tips at Write Now! Coach
Then, sign up for the three-session Walk-Write-WIN program. You'll get all of the helpful tips promised above and—EVEN BETTER—it'll be geared toward you. This isn't one of those one-size-fits-all programs. It's geared to support you in your life, your work, and your schedule. And the price is right at just $297 for three individual coaching sessions: one 45-minute session and two 30-minute sessions. Let the Walk-Write-WIN! program work for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your session RIGHT NOW!